07 August 2006

Anniversary of 'Autobiography of a Yogi'


Self-Realization Fellowship Celebrates 60th Anniversary of 'Autobiography of a Yogi'

As my Blogger profile will attest, Autobiography is one of my all-time favourite books. But it is so much more than that. The reading of it was a turning point in my life. After completing it, I became a student of SRF, attended services in Encinitas and became a devotee of Yogananda.

When my future husband told me he wanted to find God I gave him a copy of Autobiography and told him it was an integral part of my own search for God. It became a turning point in his life, as well. We have since given the book to other family members during their own dark times.

Yogananda's life story is a powerful lightening rod of spirituality and truth, a treasure map to complete devotion to God for which I am eternally grateful.

~Om Guru~

No comments: