31 March 2006

March blows

I thought it was supposed to be April showers bring May flowers. But here we are on the last day a March and boy has it been a wet one. 24 total days of precipitation with over 10 inches of rain. But it's ok with me, I'm not one to curse the weather.

And as the worm turns.... In the news this week, Apple vs. Apple. This whole matter is just rotten to the core. And yes, one bad apple does spoil the whole bunch, girl. Apple computer should just admit that they've not honored the spirit of the '91 agreement, regardless of the letter of the law (which they've most likely breached as well). Steve Jobs should get his pen and checkbook warmed up because I don't think Apple Computers stands a chance in hell, much less merry ol' England, birthplace of those darling Fab Four. And yes, even though this missive is being processed on one of those cute little Mini Macs, my emotional sentiment in favour of the Beatles and Apple Corps goes way, way back. Besides, if George Harrison can pay $1,599,987 in settlement for the infringement judgement of My Sweet Lord/He's So Fine, and take it in his inevitable stride, Jobs should be man enough to do the same.

In much happier news California condors appear to be making a comeback. But sadly, Hal, the Central Park coyote did not fare as well. I will never be assured that our interference with this wild creature did not hasten his demise. Perhaps he was already weakened by some natural occurance when he found himself too close to our urban society, but it is so sad to realise how the imbalance of man vs nature is becoming. Wildlife infrenges on us far less they we infringe upon wildlife.

This little tidbit went under the radar for the most part. Thanks to Susie Bright for bringing this to my attention. Seems the Homeland Security got a hard-on for internet users at the public library in Bethesda Maryland (birthplace of yours truly). Thank goodness for the truly patriotic librarian who sent them packing.

I used to want to be a librarian. Was all geared up for taking library science in college. Someone discouraged me by telling me that libarians don't make much money. Like I was going to be some huge mega-millionaire like Steve Jobs? Anyway, I'd like to think I'd have been as courageous as the librarian in the story showed herself to be. Or even, possibly, that I'd be the sexy librarian portrayed here. The world needs more sexy and smart librarians.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm outta here. Going to warm my rain soaked brains and body by curling up in front of a fire with my latest book from the library, Temptation by Jude Deveraux about a turn-of-the-century woman activist who travels to Scotland. Whoa...look out.

No comments: