01 March 2006

Barry Bonds is a joke

I don’t usually comment on sports, much less sports so-called celebrities. But seeing the headline this morning that Barry Bonds impersonated Paula Abdul, just makes me cringe.

I recall about two weeks ago, the last time he was in the news, he was threatening to retire from baseball saying comments like “The game (isn't) fun anymore. I'm tired of all of the crap going on.” “Maybe then everybody can just forget about me.” “It's just that right now I am not proud to be a baseball player." “Who cares? Does it mean anything? Is it going to cost me in endorsements? Whoop-de-doo. I never had any endorsements, anyways. I don't base my life on that. I go to work like every other American."

Can this guy be this delusional? Apparently so. If he truly thinks he goes to work like every other American, I’d like to trade one day of his $18 million salary for one day of my yearly take home pay.

Barry, rest assured you are forgotten. Now, if only I could bleach my eyes of the visual of you in that gawd-awful get up.

No comments: