02 August 2007

Libaray score

So I heard a rumour that the library near where I live was regularly tossing out books in the recycling bins. While I'm all for recycling in general, I simply abhor the thought of books going in the trash. So I recently went to the library to retrieve a book I'd reserved, Fairies 101 by Doreen Virtue, and I took the opportunity to peek into the afore-mentioned bins. I thought, what could it hurt? I might even find some old magazines to use in my SoulCollage®s. I could not beleive my eyes. Lying right on top of reams and reams of rubbish papers and the odd technical manual was a paperback copy of J.R.R. Tolkien's Fellowship of the Rings and a paperback Autobiography of a Yogi. Not only that, the Autobiography was a 1972 First Edition in paperback. What a score! What is the infinitesimal possibility of that synchronicity? So I grabbed them up, hey I have no shame when it comes to classic books for the taking.

If you notice on the side-bar of this blog is my Library Thing. On it has been for several months the Autobiography which is afterall my favourite all-time book. I just added Henry Miller's Sexus, which I am currently reading. Well, it might seem that is a contradiction, but it isn't really so much.

Afterall...didn't Walt Whitman say it best..."Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes."

No comments: