06 January 2006

Epiphany

epiphany |iˈpifənē| noun ( pl. -nies) (also Epiphany) the manifestation of Christ to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi (Matthew 2:1–12). • the festival commemorating this on January 6. • a manifestation of a divine or supernatural being. • a moment of sudden revelation or insight.

I dreamed of Jesus night before last. I dreamed I was looking out my bedroom window at a swirl of papers that formed into white crosses. I tried to count the crosses to see if their number held some meaning (7 or 12) but then the crosses morphed into white doves with fluttering wings and then just under the doves appeared Jesus in a white gown with arms outstretched just floating in the sky outside my bedroom window. It was a very peaceful dream.

So my "ephipany" came a day early.



Yesterday was Paramahansa Yogananda's birthday. So it is still significant to me that I should have this dream on the day he came to the world. Who says there are no coincidences?

No comments: